Home > Blog > How to Get Your House Ready to Sell Quickly
How to Get Your House Ready to Sell Quickly
Are you thinking about selling your home? Selling your home can seem like a very daunting task. But there are a few tips and tricks you can use to help your home to sell faster. Check out these 5 tips for selling your home faster.
Tips for Selling a Home: Follow These 5 Easy Steps
- Care for your landscaping: The exterior of your home will be the first thing potential buyers will see when they pull up to your home. Before putting your home on the market, spend time assessing the landscaping and outside of your home. If your grass is starting to look a little dreary, spend time reviving it. Planting flowers and plants is also a good way to brighten up the outside of your home.
- Declutter your home: The main goal of staging your home is to help a potential renter envision themselves living in your home. A home that is too cluttered or disorganized will not attract a buyer the same way that a clutter-free home will. Decluttering your home for selling can be difficult because you’re unable to just stash extra or unneeded items in the basement, garage or closets. When selling your home, it is a good idea to get a storage unit rental to store items you do not want to clutter your home.
- Get a sitter for pets and kids during the showing: It is important to keep potential buyers focused on the house. While you may have some buyers that would enjoy interacting with your kids and pets, as a general rule of thumb it is a good idea to send your kids and pets to a friend or grandparents’ house while the house is being showed.
- Finish any unfinished projects: It isn’t uncommon to start a home renovation project only to give it up because of new obligations or realizing the magnitude of the project. If you have half-finished projects throughout your home, spend time finishing them up before putting the house on the market.
- Take good pictures: Be sure to take accurate and clear pictures of your home. These pictures will help to attract potential buyers to tour the home. If you need photography inspiration, browse through magazines and realtors’ websites. It might not be a bad idea to hire a professional photographer to truly capture your house.
Need Storage While Your House is For Sale?
Looking for a storage unit to help with your move? We’ve got you covered! Storage World has storage facilities in Jonesboro, GA and Decatur, GA on Panthersville Rd and Flat Shoals Pkwy. Our storage facilities offer a wide variety of storage solutions, including the 5×5, 5×10 and 10×10 storage units as well as climate controlled storage and vehicle parking options. Reserve your storage unit with Storage World today!