Make summer storage for college students easy with tips from Storage World
As final exams conclude and classes break for the summer, college students begin to pack up all of their textbooks, electronics, furniture and other items they’ve accumulated throughout the school year. But instead of hauling those boxes, couches and desks back home to their parent’s house—or directly into a new apartment—it’s worth considering self-storage. For college students and recent graduates, self-storage is a great option for staying organized and keeping your belongings safe during these transitional periods of your life.
College Student Storage Ideas
- Month-to-month rentals available: Most self-storage facilities offer month-to-month rentals, which is a perfect option for summer storage for college students during the time between school years. Storing your personal items in a self-storage unit gives you peace-of-mind that your items will be safe while also eliminating the need to transport them back-and-forth.
- Help keep your parent’s house organized: As a college student, it’s also worth considering that your parents may have redecorated your bedroom or turned that space into an in-home gym or office. Renting a storage unit can demonstrate your maturity and respect for these permanent upgrades while maximizing your residential storage space in the long run.
- Storage solutions that fit your budget: When choosing a self-storage unit in your college town, make sure you are getting the right type of unit for what you plan to be storing. Since college students are usually on a limited budget, you want to make sure that you get all the space you need at the best price.
- Climate controlled storage options: If you are storing multiple electronics, some antique furniture, documents or even mattresses, it’s a good idea to rent a climate-controlled storage unit to protect these items over a hot summer. If you are just storing clothes, linens and kitchen items, however, then a non-climate controlled storage unit will be sufficient.
- Recent college graduates: Many of these storage tips for students are also applicable to those who are graduating in May or June, too. Many college graduates will be transitioning to their new lives after graduation and moving into smaller living spaces then they had before. If this is the case, then it would be a good idea to store your college belongings in a self-storage unit until you have found proper housing in the future.
College Student Storage Options
With summer break and the graduation season rapidly approaching, now is the perfect time to explore self-storage solutions that make this transitional period more efficient for students and their families. For the many college students throughout Atlanta, Storage World has three self-storage locations that can serve all of your storage needs. From standard storage units to climate control, Storage World has options that fit your budget and help keep students organized. Learn more by stopping by to check out one of our facilities today!