When done properly, home staging can help your home sell faster. Home staging involves arranging a home in a certain way to make it appealing to more buyers. Home staging can be a lot of work, but when you do it right, your hard work will pay off.
The Home Staging Tips You Should Follow
- Declutter Your Home: No matter how much work you put into staging your home, it won’t appeal to potential buyers if it is too cluttered. Taking the time to declutter your home will go a long way to make it look neater and more organized. When staging your home, you have to remind yourself that when someone moves to a new house, they are looking for a new start. If their new start looks like it’s going to be just as cluttered and disorganized as their last home, they will not be interested.
- Space Your Furniture Strategically Around the Room: While many people think that pushing the furniture up against the wall creates a more open layout, this isn’t always the best option. Your goal with home staging is to create a room and home that someone could see themselves living in. Put your furniture into groups so when a potential buyer enters the home they will clearly know where conversation will be held. Moving the furniture away from the walls also helps to create a clear flow of traffic throughout the room.
- Don’t be Afraid to Change Your Home: A color, design or decoration that worked for you may not work for the average home buyer. While it can be painful to change up your home, doing so can make it more attractive to potential buyers. When deciding what to change in a room, try to view it from the perspective of a potential buyer.
- Use Proper Lighting: Many homes do not have enough lighting in them. A proper amount of lighting creates a warm, welcome and happy environment. For best results, use both overhead and table or wall lighting.
- Finish Up all Unfinished Projects: As a homeowner, it’s easy to start a project that quickly falls off your priorities list. Has your bathroom been only half-renovated for the last three months? Take the time to finish it. Before staging a home, wrap up any unfinished projects. Any potential buyer will only see these projects as something they’ll have to invest in and complete later. Additionally, the potential buyer may also see it is an opportunity to negotiate for a lower price on your home.
Storage World is Your Home Staging Storage Solution
Decluttering a home with the intent of staging it is no easy task. Typical storage locations like closets, the basement and the garage are not good storage locations because the customer will be touring these areas. Instead, consider renting a storage unit to help with decluttering. A storage unit is a smart storage solution for decluttering your home because not only does it let you store your items out of sight of the potential buyers, it also lets you start moving items out of your house early. This can save you valuable time when you move out of your house.
Storage World has local storage units throughout Decatur, GA on Panthersville Rd and Flat Shoals Pkwy as well as Jonesboro, GA, ready to meet your storage needs! We offer various self storage specials, making a storage unit rental with Storage World the clear choice! Are you interested in learning more about a self storage unit rental? Contact one of our storage facilities today!