Home > Blog > 6 Small Space Organization Ideas
6 Small Space Organization Ideas
Not having enough storage space is a common problem for small houses and apartments. Fortunately, when you get creative, you may have more storage space than you realize. Read this blog for helpful tips for organizing a small apartment or house.
Small Spaces Organization Hacks for a Neater Home
- Declutter: Before trying to find storage space for your belongings, sort through your items to see if there’s anything you can get rid of. For example, if you have clothes that do not get worn, or furniture pieces that are damaged or do not get used, get rid of them. This is a good time to put together a box or bag to donate to a charity or organization.
- Utilize furniture with storage options: One of the best ways to add extra storage space to your home is to use furniture with storage. For example, purchase an entertainment stand that has drawers and shelves, and use an ottoman with internal storage.
- Add shelving: If you’re looking to add more functional storage space, consider adding shelves to the wall. Wall shelves can be used to store items around the house or even be arranged to add a sense of style to the home.
- Add hooks to the walls: To easily store hats, scarves, necklaces and more, add hooks to the wall. To prevent items from getting in the way of each other and maximize space, stagger the hooks. Once the hooks are added, hang your accessories from them.
- Hang a pegboard in the kitchen: To maximize storage space in the kitchen, hang a pegboard from the wall and use hooks to hang pots, pans and other kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Use the inside of doors and cupboards: When you attach pegs or hooks to the inside of doors and cupboards, they can easily be used to store other items. For example, hang a white board for shopping lists, hooks for keys and purses and pegs for shoes.
Make Space in Your Home with a Storage Unit Rental!
After spending time organizing your new home, you may determine that you simply need more storage space. A storage unit rental allows you to easily store items that don’t fit in your small apartment.
Storage World has storage facilities in Jonesboro, GA and Decatur, GA on Panthersville Rd and Flat Shoals Pkwy. We have a variety of different services available at our storage facilities, including the use of our moving truck for free at our storage facility, climate controlled storage units, boat storage, RV storage, moving supplies and more. Reserve a storage unit today!