If you’re looking for a fun way to ring in the New Year in Atlanta, check out some of the events listed below. Atlanta has no shortage of exciting ways to celebrate!
- Peach Drop 2014: It’s the 25th anniversary of the largest New Year’s Eve Celebration in the Southeast. This 16 hour event starts at 11 am and includes activities for the entire family, from carnival rides, live music, and face-painting, to street performers and festival food. The event culminates at midnight with the dropping of the beloved 800 pound illuminated peach. The party will continue after hours, all the way until 4 am, at Kenny’s Alley. This exciting event is one of Atlanta’s favorite ways of ringing in the New Year!
- Chick-Fil-A Bowl: The Chick-Fil-A Bowl, known as the Peach Bowl until 2006, draws thousands to the Georgia Dome every year. This exciting post-season football game pits the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) against the Southeastern Conference (SEC). This bowl game has sold out for fifteen consecutive years; it’s a game college football fans just don’t want to miss!
- Cleopatra’s 2014 New Year’s Eve Ball: This event is the biggest and most popular New Year’s Eve party in Atlanta. Come dressed to impress and ready to dance all night to Atlanta’s best DJs, who will be spinning Top 40, house and hip-hop mash-ups all night alongside an amazing light show. This is a 21 and over event.
- The Possum Drop: Another family friendly New Year’s Eve event is the Possum Drop in Tallapossa. Formerly known as “Possum Snout”, the event features live music and fireworks, and at midnight a stuffed possum, named Spencer, is lowered in a holiday lights-covered ball from atop one of the city’s oldest buildings. All are welcome to this exciting West Georgia community event.
- Atlanta Symphony Orchestra New Year’s Eve Celebration: If you’re looking for a more relaxed and classy atmosphere, ring in the New Year in style with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. Enjoy great American standards by George and Ira Gershwin to close out the year.
- Callaway Gardens New Year’s Eve Celebration: Ring in the New Year at the beautiful Callaway Gardens, a 2 hour drive from Atlanta. They offer a New Year’s Eve Package that allows you to spend the day in their world-renowned gardens and dance the night away to live music.
These are only a select few of the events scheduled around the city. For a full list of featured events, from restaurants and bars to hotels, feel free to click here for more information.
Storage World wishes everyone a safe and Happy New Year!