Are you thinking about moving to Atlanta, GA? You’re not alone, this city’s population is growing as more and more people are being attracted to what Atlanta has to offer. While you may have heard that moving in the winter is not the best idea, that is not the case with Atlanta. There are actually a lot of benefits to move to Atlanta during the winter which can result in a much smoother move for you. Learn the benefits of moving to Atlanta in the winter as well as a few Atlanta winter moving tips in this post!
4 Benefits of Moving to Atlanta, GA in the Winter
- More mild weather: If you’re moving to Atlanta, GA, you more than likely view the weather as a huge perk of living in the city. That being said, moving in the heat of the summer can be very difficult and exhausting. Moving in the winter can actually mean that your moving day is more comfortable than if you chose to wait for the spring or summer.
- Easier scheduling opportunities: Since the winter is the off-season for movers, they will not be as in demand as the warmer months. This means that since there is less competition for booking dates, you’ll have an easier time scheduling the date and time you’re looking to move.
- Enjoy reduced moving expenses: Moving is not cheap. If you’ve moving soon, you’re likely looking for all of the savings you can get. When you move in the winter, you’re able to take advantage of lower costs for movers.
- Avoid the tourism traffic: Atlanta, GA brings in a large number of tourists every year. The popularity of the city with tourists can create a large deal of both foot traffic and driving traffic. Since winter is also the off-season for tourism, when you move in the winter, you’re able to mostly avoid the tourism traffic.
Tips for Moving to Atlanta, Georgia in the Winter
Did you decide to make the move? Before moving, check out these tips for moving to Atlanta, GA!
- Check in with your movers: Since the winter is the off-season for movers, it is important to check in with your moving company during the weeks leading up to your move. The last thing you want on the day of your move is to find out that there was a miscommunication with your moving company.
- Keep an eye on the weather: While Atlanta winters are generally extremely mild, the city still experiences snow or rain fall periodically during the winter. If you notice that a storm may interfere with your move, contact your moving company with your concerns.
- Be prepared: If you notice it’s going to be colder than normal, stock up on extra gloves and hats for the move. If there’s a chance it’s going to rain during your move, purchase ponchos to help keep dry.
Storage World Has Storage Facilities Near Atlanta, GA!
Are you moving to Atlanta? Storage World has storage facilities near Atlanta, GA, in Jonesboro, GA, and Decatur, GA on Panthersville, Rd and Flat Shoals Pkwy. Our storage facilities offer popular storage unit sizes such as the 5×5, 5×10, 10×10 storage units as well as vehicle parking options on-site. Reserve your storage unit with Storage World today!