Home > Blog > 6 Helpful Tips for Moving to Atlanta, GA
6 Helpful Tips for Moving to Atlanta, GA
Are you considering moving to Atlanta, GA? Atlanta is a booming city and the home to many major companies, including The Coca-Cola Company, Home Depot, United Parcel Service, Delta Airlines and AT&T Mobility. With so many awesome companies to work for, Atlanta recently outpaced the nation in job opportunities as well as pay increases.
Move to Atlanta: 6 Tips for Making the City Feel Like Home!
- Unpack as soon as you arrive: While it may feel tempting to put off unpacking and just go explore the city, this is not a good idea. Unpacking all of your items into your new home will help the space to feel more comfortable for you.
- Give Atlanta a chance: When you’re transitioning to a new city, it’s normal for spells of homesickness to hit. It is important though to give your new city a chance. Before thinking you made a mistake and should move back home, wait at least a year. As time goes on you may start to feel differently.
- Use your network: Does your roommate from college’s best friend live in Atlanta? Or do you have a distant cousin living close to the city? Reach out to them! Never be afraid to use your network to use your network to give yourself a jumpstart on meeting new friends.
- Say “yes” whenever possible: One of the best ways to make friends is to say “yes” to any social invites you get. For example, if your neighborhood is hosting a block party or your coworkers are meeting up after work for a few drinks, say yes to their offers.
- Join local interest groups: Are you an avid runner, cook or reader? Consider joining a group around your city that meets to take part in one of these activities! This will not only help you to meet new people, it will also let you take part in one of your favorite activities!
- Locate important stores and stops: While checking out Atlanta, spend time locating your closest grocery store, gas station, pharmacy and convenience store. Once you’re more easily able to locate any essential locations, the city will start to feel more and more like home.
Storage World Offers Storage Facilities in Atlanta, GA!
When moving to a new city, it is important to get off on the right foot. One of the best ways to get off on the right foot is by keeping your new home organized. If you’re worried that your new home will be too cramped, consider a storage unit rental. A storage unit rental allows you to store items you do not need often in a location that is easy to access and close to your home.
Looking for a storage unit near Atlanta? Storage World has storage facilities in Jonesboro, GA and Decatur, GA on Panthersville Rd and Flat Shoals Pkwy. Our storage facilities have storage unit rentals ideal for any sized storage need, including the 5×5, 5×10 and 10×10 storage unit. Reserve a storage unit for your new home today!