It’s important to clean your couch, recliner and other furniture before packing those items and placing them in storage. Protecting furniture from dirt and grime during transport is important as well. We recommend using old sheets or blankets to cover and protect your couch or recliner while it is in the moving van and moved into and out of your home. The following tips will help you along that process of getting your couch to the storage facility, and then storing it properly.
Preparing for Transport
You always want to think about two important things when you are moving furniture: how to move furniture into the storage unit while saving space, and how to store furniture in a way that remains accessible within the storage unit.
But first, remember this preparation list in order to arrive at your facility prepared for a successful storage experience at any of our Atlanta storage locations.
Storage Preparation List
1. Clean Living Room Furniture
2. Cover or Protect Living Room Furniture
3. Find Support to Load Into Moving Vehicle
4. Strap In and Stabilize Furniture
5. Transport Living Room Furniture to Storage Facility
When you arrive at any of our Atlanta area Storage Facilities, our customer support team will be on location to help answer any questions. But the following are the top five storage tips to keep in mind as you prepare.
Furniture Storage Tips
1. Move Large Furniture Items into Back of Storage Unit
2. Protect Furniture While in Storage
3. Save Space by Storing Lighter Items on top of Protected Furniture
4. Storage in Stable Position
5. Check on Climate Controlled Requirements for Each Item
Furniture Storage Solutions
If you have any self-storage questions about how to move and store furniture throughout your home, our friendly Storage World Team is happy to assist. Visit any of our Atlanta area locations for various sizes of storage units that would be great for your couches, recliners, bookcases, tables along with moving and packing supplies to help with the transport. We’re looking forward to saving you time and money on your next storage experience.