It is a well-known fact that self-storage is an easy, safe and convenient way for businesses to store excess office equipment, inventory and documents. Businesses can use self-storage in a variety of ways from a small closet-size storage unit to a storage unit that is set-up and organized for document storage or even used as a shipping area for a small companies. All types of businesses, contractors or even large corporations are great matches for business storage solutions. Another type of business that can easily store items in a self-storage unit are restaurants or caterers.
Most restaurants and catering businesses run out of storage room very quickly. They need to have a place to store their extra furniture, supplies, dishes, glassware and holiday displays. A self-storage unit is the easiest and most convenient solution for restaurant owners and catering businesses to store the items that they don’t have room for at their business location. Below is a collection of simple tips for how to do this effectively.
Tips for Storing Restaurant Catering Supplies
For any business, but more so for those who need restaurant equipment and catering storage, it is important to keep a running inventory list in the storage unit as well as at your business of the items that you have in storage. This helps you keep track of what you have and what you might need for future engagements.
Restaurant Storage Solutions: Items to Store in a Self Storage Unit
- Extra equipment and dinnerware: Restaurants can use a self-storage unit to store extra tables or supplies including dishes, flatware and cutlery.
- Extra cooking supplies: Restaurants can also store excess pots, pans, dishes and other restaurant equipment and appliances. A simple storage tip is to make sure that the dishes and glassware are wrapped and packed properly to prevent breakage during transit.
- Patio furniture during the off-season: A self-storage unit is also ideal to store a restaurant’s outdoor patio furniture during the colder months. When storing patio furniture, stack the chairs in order to utilize all the vertical room in the storage unit.
Catering Business Supplies Self-Storage Tips
Self-storage is great storage solution for catering businesses, especially those that work out of their home. Caterers can use a number of different self-storage unit sizes to store excess equipment and supplies they do not have the room for.
It is more convenient to store these items together in a secured self storage unit than inside the catering truck. Caterers can rent a storage unit that is central to their business and events to make it easier to pick up their catering supplies when they are needed.
- Extra items for the off-season: The busiest seasons for caterers are the holiday season and then the summer months, which is the most popular time for weddings. During the “off-season”, caterers and party planners need a place to store their furniture, chairs, tables, decorations, dishes, glassware, silverware, serving utensils, pots, pans, and linens.
- Food displays: Depending on the food that is being catered at the event, you may need different food displays at the event. In order to keep these displays from cluttering your business, consider storing them in a storage unit until you need them.
Storage World Has Storage Facilities
Storage World has a variety of self storage units sizes from 5×5 to 10×30 available in both climate and non-climate controlled that are great for storing everything for the restaurant or catering industry. Stop by our three Atlanta self storage facilities in Jonesboro, GA and Decatur, GA on Panthersville Rd and Flat Shoals Pkwy to ask our storage professionals about our restaurant equipment storage solutions.
Reserve a storage unit with Storage World today!