If you are moving soon, you’re more than likely planning on using a moving truck. A moving truck can easily get you and your items from point A to Point B in just a few trips. Unfortunately, many people do not realize there is a preferred method for loading a moving truck. But fear not, we’re here to help! Follow these 6 steps for loading a moving truck!
6 Steps for Packing a Moving Truck
- Step 1: Be ready for your move- Moving days can be extremely stressful. We never suggest saving packing to the day you’re planning on making your move.
- Step 2: Keep important items with you- Any important documents or valuable items should be kept with you in the cab. These items can be easily unloaded from the truck and brought into your new home as soon as you arrive at the destination.
- Step 3: Invest in moving supplies- Moving supplies will not only help to protect you from injury, they will also help to protect your items from damage. If you do not have moving straps and a dolly, ask your truck rental company if they sell them.
- Step 4: Place the heaviest item in the front of the truck-When packing your moving truck, place your dishwasher, refrigerator or other heavy items in the front of the truck closest to the cab. This will help to support the weight of the item.
- Step 5: Balance large items along the side of the truck- Next, place any large and bulky items. For example, your box springs, mattress, dresser or couch can go on each side of the truck.
- Step 6: Use buffer items- In order to avoid your furniture from getting scratched, place any pillows, blankets or comforters between each furniture piece. These items can act as padding to protect your more expensive items.
Rent a Storage Unit for Your Next Move
If you’re moving into a smaller home, you may be looking for a storage option for some of your items. A storage unit rental allows you to keep all of the items that matter to you. Out-of-season decorations, clothing or any other items you do not currently need can be stored in a storage until they can be used again.
Storage World has storage facilities in Jonesboro, GA and in Decatur, GA, on Panthersville Rd and FlatShoals Pkwy. We have a storage unit for every sized storage need. Whether you’re looking to store some out-of-season items or a full household of furniture, we have a storage solution for you. Reserve your storage unit today!