As the weather starts to turn cooler, it is time to start thinking about getting your home ready for the fall and winter. Taking the time to prepare your home for the colder months will not only make it a more comfortable season for you, it will also make your home safer. Are you ready to start? Read below for 5 tips!
How to Get Your Home Ready for Fall and Winter 2019
- Inspect your home for drafts: In order to keep your home cozy all winter long, it is important to check it for drafts. A draft-free home will be cheaper to heat, which will save you a great deal of money overtime. An easy way to check your home for drafts is to hold a candle up to the edges of your windows and doors. If the candle flame flickers, you likely have a draft.
- Clean your furnace: Inspect your furnace for any ignition problems or any other issues that may lead to your furnace not functioning properly. If there’s dust, soot or grime visible inside of the furnace, clean it out. It is also important to change the air filter before closing your house down for the winter.
- Inspect the driveway and walkway: While having a damaged walkway or cracks in your driveway is a hazard all year long, it’s especially dangerous in the winter when the ground gets slick. If you notice sidewalk or driveway damage, have them repaired before winter.
- Clean out the gutters: Spending just a few hours cleaning out your gutters can save you a great deal of time in the future. Carefully clear any leaves, dirt, sticks or other debris from your gutters. While you’re doing this, it is also a great time to inspect your roof for any visual signs of damage.
- Plant bulbs: Early fall is a great time to plant bulbs for spring. When picking a location, choose one that gets a good amount of sun during the day.
Declutter Your Home with a Storage Unit Rental!
With the start of fall, the holiday season will be here before you know it! Before the holiday season, it is a popular time to declutter the home for holiday guest and to make room for decorations. A storage unit rental allows you to get summer clothing, sports equipment and other items you will not need for the next few months out of the home and into a secure location.
Are you looking for storage near Atlanta, GA? Storage World has storage facilities in Jonesboro, GA and Decatur, GA on Panthersville Rd and Flat Shoals Pkwy. Our storage facilities offer various sized storage unit options, including the 5×5, 5×10 and 10×10 storage unit. Reserve your storage unit today!