Living in any major city can be very expensive. But there is a new trend in the housing and rental market called co-living that makes living in a big city a little more affordable. So, what is co-living and why should I consider it? Keep reading this article for an explanation of co-living and its benefits!
What is Co-Living?
Co-living involves sharing spaces and amenities with people you share common interests with. What was once described as a dorm for adults, co-living is now much more than that. Co-living is centered around the idea of community, with many tenants living under one roof and a host that brings everyone together. In order to even be considered for one of these homes, you’ll have to apply. Often times, everything is included in one bill; rent, utilities, internet, housekeeping and more.
The Benefits of Co-Living
- Saving money: While co-living offers benefits beyond just saving money, this is still a huge one. The co-living concept offers a more affordable living option in cities that are usually more expensive.
- Make new friends: If you are moving to a city where you know no one, co-living may be a good option for you. When you live in a co-living community, you will be surrounded by many other people that are your age and share common interests.
- Community: Many people describe the sense of community as the best benefit offered in co-living homes. When you live in a co-living community, you will be surrounded by young peers with similar interests as you. This allows you to collaborate and bounce ideas off of each other.
- Access to events: Most co-living communities will offer access to fun activities and events throughout the month. These events can range from movie nights to themed dinners.
- Balance privacy with community: When you live in a co-living home, you’re able to have both privacy and community. If you want a night in by yourself, head to your private bedroom. If you’re looking for company, you’ll be able to find it in the main living area.
Need a Storage Option for Your Co-Living Home?
If you are moving to a co-living community, you may be downsizing your home. Downsizing is a great way to save on rent but can lead you to feeling cramped for space. A storage unit rental allows you to store items you don’t use as often close to your home and in a secure location.
Are you looking for a storage unit in the Atlanta, GA area? Storage World has storage facilities in Jonesboro, GA and Decatur, GA on Panthersville Rd and Flat Shoals Pkwy. Our storage facilities have popular storage unit sizes, including the 5×5, 5×10 and 10×10 storage unit. Reserve your storage unit with Storage World today!