Home > Blog > Benefits of Using a Real Estate Agent
Benefits of Using a Real Estate Agent
Whether you’re looking to buy your dream home or sell your home of 25 years for retirement, you want the process to go as quickly and smoothly as possible. Skipping out on a real estate agent may sound like it would save money, but unless you can dedicate a large portion of your time looking for a home that has all of your requirements or finding the perfect home buyer, you may want to reconsider. There are many benefits of using a real estate agent, including getting you to the end result faster. Below is a list of reasons you should use a real estate agent when buying or selling a home.
Why Use a Real Estate Agent to Buy a Home
- You’ll get into a home faster. Because real estate agents have an expansive knowledge of the market and the neighborhoods you want to live in, they can keep you from wasting your time touring homes that you won’t be happy with. They can also steer you away from overpriced homes or help you negotiate a better deal.
- They can spot things you may not see. When a home goes on the market, there are often hidden repairs that will cost a buyer even more in the short term. A real estate agent can recommend a good inspector as well interpret their detailed report to make sure you don’t miss anything crucial.
- They can find homes you can’t. Many home buyers don’t list their homes on public websites which means only other real estate agents know about it.
- You don’t have to worry about the buyer’s paperwork. As a buyer, there is going to be an abundance of paperwork to fill out, all with a tight deadline. One of the benefits of using a real estate agent is not having to worry about missing anything on the paperwork or missing the deadline — all you need to do is sign where they tell you.
- They understand codes. If you want to add an addition to your home for your mother-in-law in a few years or put up a fence for the kids, your agent can tell you what the city allows and doesn’t allow.
- You can avoid closing problems. Different things can pop up during closing to derail the buying process. An agent knows what to watch out for to keep things on track.
Why Use a Real Estate Agent to Sell Your Home
- Get the most for your home. Trying to save on your agent’s commission will likely end up costing you. Selling through a real estate agent can earn you around 16% more, covering the cost of commission and putting a little extra back in your wallet.
- Make a sale faster. Agents can leverage their expertise of the market and your neighborhood to set a fair price for your home that will get it off the market quickly.
- You can stay out of heated negotiations. Buyers can sometimes start asking for specific things in the negotiation that you don’t want to budge on. An agent can handle the communication on requests, write up a list and present you with the requests to help keep emotions out of the deal.
- They can vet contractors for you. As you go through the process of updating and repairing your home for sale, you’ll probably deal with many different contractors. Instead of comparing endless quotes for each project, utilize your real estate agent’s network of trusted contractors to get each project done quickly and professionally.
- They’re obligated to keep your best interests in mind. If you have worries about being taken advantage of, have no fear. Like lawyers, real estate agents have a code of ethics they adhere to which state that your best interests are a priority.
Simplify Your Moving Process with Storage World in Decatur and Jonesboro
Whether you’re in between places while you wait for your future home or you’re doing renovations before a sale, a storage unit can solve many of your problems. Storage World offers personal storage solutions in Georgia, ideal for home furnishings. Our facilities have safety features such as gated access with a personal code and surveillance cameras so you can feel a little safer when you visit your unit. And if you have items that are temperature-sensitive, opt for one of our climate-controlled storage units to reduce temperature fluctuation.
Reserve a self-storage unit with Storage World now!