Moving is stressful, there’s no denying it. Packing, determining the moving timeline, hiring movers, finding new stores and pharmacies… it seems like the work is never done. The day of your move doesn’t have to be stressful though, if you’re prepared. Create a moving day checklist to stay organized the day of your move!
Top Moving Day Tips to Help the Day Run Smoothly
- Dress Accordingly: The day of the move is going to be an exhausting and strenuous day. Wearing the right clothing will help you be more comfortable. Make sure to wear clothes you can easily move in and comfortable shoes, even if you hired movers. You may still end up moving smaller boxes, and the last thing you want is to slow down the moving process, or get injured, due to your attire.
- Eat a Good Breakfast: Along with dressing accordingly comes eating a nutritious breakfast. It will be impossible to deal with the stress of moving day if you are hungry, and you don’t want to feel nauseous or weak while you’re trying to move. Take the time to have a proper breakfast to help you maintain your strength throughout the day.
- Make a Moving Day To-Do List: More likely than not, little things will come up that you need to remember to do. On a day as stressful and busy as moving day, it would be easy to forget to do something. Making a list of things that need to be done the day of your move will keep you organized and mitigate stress.
- Pack a First Night Bag: After a long day of moving, you will not want to dig through your boxes in search of items you need before bed. Pack a bag for your first night at your home filled with any important items you will need. This box should include things like toiletries, medicine, a shower curtain and towels, clothes and chargers.
- Enlist Help: Don’t underestimate the amount of help you will need. Consider having a moving party and offering to provide the pizza if your friends help you move. If you have a lot of heavy items, save those for the movers and concentrate on moving light and delicate items yourself.
Get a Head Start with Self Storage
If you have items that you want at your new home but are not using at your current house, consider storing them in a storage unit. A storage unit is a smart way to get a head start on packing for your move, while giving yourself more self to pack boxes. Seasonal decorations, clothes and other items can easily be stored in a storage unit and not missed for a few months. Storage World has various sized storage units available, perfect for storing a few miscellaneous items all the way up to the contents of multiple rooms. Contact us with any questions or to set up a tour!